What are cookies
Cookies are small text files that websites place on your device as you are browsing. They are processed and stored by your web browser. In and of themselves, cookies are harmless and serve crucial functions for websites. Cookies can also generally be easily viewed and deleted.
Cookies can have various durations, provenances, and purposes.
- Session cookies expire once you close your web browser, or when your session ends.
- Persistent cookies expire after a set amount of time that you are able to see and that cannot exceed 12 months.
- First party cookies are put on your device directly by the website you are visiting. Here, it would be the cookies that originate from BEST directly.
- Third party cookies are all the other cookies, the ones that are put on your device by a third party. In this case, it would be any cookie that does not originate directly from BEST.
- Strictly necessary cookies are essential for you to browse the website and enjoy its features. It is not necessary to receive consent for using such cookies, but what they do and why they are necessary must still be explained.
- Preference cookies, also known as "functionality cookies," allow a website to remember choices you have made in the past, like what language you prefer or what region you would like to see news for. Not accepting them does not prevent the user from using the website normally.
- Statistics cookies, also known as "performance cookies", collect information about how you use a website. For example, which pages you visited and which links you clicked on. None of this information can be used to identify you because it is all aggregated and, therefore, anonymized. Their sole purpose is to improve website functions. This includes cookies from third-party analytics services as long as the cookies are for the exclusive use of the owner of the website visited.
- Marketing cookies track your online activity to help advertisers deliver more relevant advertising or to limit how many times you see an ad. These cookies can share that information with other organisations or advertisers. This type of cookie can contain a significant amount of personal data.
When you use and access the Site, we may place a number of cookies in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Site.
We use strictly necessary cookies to: authenticate users, keep our users logged in, prevent fraudulent use of user accounts and store the details of the consent, if any, of the user on the usage of the cookies that require it.
We also use statistics cookies to obtain aggregated and anonymised data about the usage of the Site by its visitors. We may use this data to: determine the ratio of recurring visitors, calculate statistics on the amount of time users spend at any particular area of our Site, and to determine the specific functionalities that users choose to use. The consent of each visitor of the Site is required for us to use these cookies.
We do not use marketing cookies.
What are your choices regarding cookies